KC Ad Club Foundation
The KC Ad Club Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable organization, which basically means we’re not in it for the money. We’re in it for the love. And we want to spread that love. That’s why we’ve created a foundation that awards annual scholarships to college students who show a passion in advertising, marketing and graphic arts studies.
It’s not easy to break into the advertising business. KC Ad Club was fortunate to once own a building where we celebrated advertising and marketing and offered professional development luncheons. When we sold that building, we created this foundation.
Thanks to generous donations from our members, we’re continuing to help a few talented people get a head start so they can, in turn, pass the love of advertising on to others.
The Foundation scholarship includes:
- Financial assistance of $750 per semester
- One-year support and counsel from a mentor of the KC Ad Club membership
- One-year membership in KC Ad Club and AAF
- Invitations to attend all regular program activities of KC Ad Club at no cost while in school (excludes annual ADDY Awards show)
- All KC Ad Club emails
2020 KC Ad Club Foundation Committee:
- Jon Cook, VMLY&R
- Paul Diamond, DMH
- Ali Mahaffy, Signal Theory
- Krista Masilionis, Hallmark
- Zach Mendenhall, VMLY&R
- Kay Moore, Affinity Enterprise Group
- Kyle Rohde, ER Marketing
- Libby Schaller, HeyThereLibby.com
- Theresa Thornhill, Liquid 9
- Vernon Williams, Dimensional Innovations
- Betsy Larson, KC Ad Club Operations Manager
- KC Ad Club board president (Marianne Gjerstad, Barkley)
- Ad 2 council president (Ashley Kieffer, Mittera Creative Group)
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].