Since 1902, the American Advertising Federation of Kansas City has played an active role in the advertising, marketing and communications industry in the greater Kansas City area. As a 501(c) 6 trade and professional association, AAF-KC serves the advertising and marketing industry through educational programming, volunteer opportunities and networking.
We’re also a member of AAF District 9, which serves the advertising communities in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska, and AAF National. And we boast nearly 2,000 members throughout the greater metropolitan area.
We’re not the type to brag, but it’s safe to say we’re one of the largest and oldest AAF clubs in the country. So, we’re a pretty big deal.
Our mission is to foster a cohesive creative culture within the Kansas City advertising industry and promote it to the rest of the country.
We don’t do it alone. AAF-KC is one club that houses another organization, Ad 2 Kansas City, which is the local chapter of Ad 2 National serving advertising professionals age 32 and younger. Ad 2 focuses on welcoming fresh, young talent to Kansas City and providing opportunities to network and grow skillsets through volunteering with our Virtual Agency public service campaign every year.
Finally, here’s to our fearless board members who make it all happen.
2019-2020 AAF-KC Board of Directors
- Sara Sullivan - President
- Marianne Gjerstad - Vice President
- Rebecca Schwartz - Immediate Past President
- Sheree Johnson - Vice President of Finance
- Jordan Warren - Finance Co-Chair
- Katie Hilty - Communications Chair
- Matthew Phillip - Communications Co-Chair
- Julia Thompson - Website Chair
- Hannah Bower - Event Lead + Journey Awards Chair
- Bryan Herrman - Professional Education Chair, Speakers
- Jordan Haiduk - Professional Education Chair, Diversity & Inclusion
- David Sullivan - American Advertising Awards Chair
- Katie Snyder - Student Education Chair
- Megan McClure - Membership Development and Retention Chair
- Tom Apple - Corporate Membership Chair
- Andy Grollmes - Diversity & Inclusion Chair
- Ashley Kieffer - Ad 2 President
- Jen Guimaraes - Ad 2 Vice President
American Advertising Awards
As the largest and most representative advertising competition, the American Advertising Awards attracts more than 40,000 entries in local AAF competitions, including AAF-KC. Enter your best work and join us for an evening recognizing and rewarding creative excellence in the art of advertising
While the American Advertising Awards celebrates amazing work, the Journey Awards honors the remarkable people behind it. Celebrate leading advertising professionals in Kansas City with us as we honor a young professional of the year, a creative professional of the year, an advertising professional of the year, a trailblazer and a Silver Medal Award winner.
Diversity & Inclusion Series
AAF-KC is dedicated to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion within the Kansas City advertising community. Everyone is welcome at these events, where discussions are held, facilitations are conducted, all persons are treated with respect, and diverse thoughts and opinions are celebrated and encouraged.
Professional Speaker Series
Education is one of the leading pillars of AAF. To facilitate continued learning in your career, AAF-KC seeks out renowned speakers on topics like creative thinking, nonprofit fundraising, the power of data and the art of the pitch. Got an idea for a speaking event? Tell us and join our event committee to make it happen.