Ad 2 KC
Do you want to be greater than good?
Ad 2 Kansas City is a community of ambitious, up-and-coming advertising professionals aged 32 and younger. As a part of AAF-KC, Ad 2 KC members embody the next generation in creativity, innovation and out-of-the-box thinking. With a vibrant attitude and voracity to learn, they embody the passion and creativity of Kansas City.
Through relevant programming focused on offering events that benefit diverse career paths, this young crowd is moving up the advertising ladder. Catering to both students and young professionals already in the business, Ad 2 KC provides opportunities to get your foot in the door at top agencies and further your skills to create continued success in this industry. We work with college professors and advisors to guide students through finding internships and nailing the interview process. And we create a community where professionals can network with local advertising leaders, meet new friends and hone their skills to advance their careers.
All this is done through the Spark KC Advertising Career Conference, Match KC Intern Speed-Interviewing event, AdWars trivia night and monthly AdHops happy hours at various agencies throughout the city. For members who want to level-up and gain experience with a real-world, local impact, Virtual Agency is the golden-ticket opportunity. Since 2002, this “mini agency” comprised of volunteers working together to create pro-bono marketing campaigns has served numerous Kansas City nonprofit organizations.
Here, limits do not exist. Seeking friends, allies and muses, you’ll find it all in Ad 2 KC.
2019-2020 Ad 2 Council
- Ashley Kieffer - President
- Jen Guimaraes - Vice President
- Talon Spittles - Immediate Past President
- Catie Drummond - Professional Development Director
- Amy Insco - Professional Development Director
- Kate Bello - Social Director
- Kirstie Mulligan - Membership Director
- Matt Meier - Fundraising Director
- Brooke Purvis - Virtual Agency Director
- Carolina Mach - Virtual Agency Director
- Meg Huwe - Virtual Agency Director
- Andrea Ringgenberg - Ad Wars Director
- Genevieve Dsilva - Journey Awards Director
2020-2021 Ad 2 Council
- Megan Bartolac // Associate Account Manager at VMLY&R
- Kirin Dowden // Producer at Cosmo Street
- Catie Drummond // Integrated Producer at Signal Theory
- Carter Herrman // Integrated Media Manager at DMH
- Terisia Hicks // Fuel Designer at Barkley
- Meg Huwe // Production Manager at Legalfit
- Amy Insco // Project Manager at Sandlot & Co.
- Carolina Mach // Analyst at VMLY&R
- Matt Meier // Analyst at Intouch Solutions
- Tiera Montgomery // Associate Media Planner at Intouch Solutions
- Kirstie Mulligan // User Experience Associate
- Brooke Purvis // Project Manager at Propaganda3
- Ashley Reynolds // Sr. Graphic Designer at Mittera
- Roya Rostampour // Graphic Designer at Springboard Creative
- Shelby Simpson // Associate Account Manager at Signal Theory
Ad 2 programming
Monthly happy hours hosted by advertising agencies, creative shops and video production companies around the Kansas City metropolitan area. These are a great opportunity for networking and could lead to you meeting your next coworker or boss.
Every year a philanthropic organization with a need for advertising is chosen by Ad 2 and volunteer members from every discipline — media, creative, account service — come together to form a mini agency. Those members donate their time and talents, some learning new skills along the way, for a year to the nonprofit client. It’s the ultimate experience builder. And a great excuse to use your skills for good.
Spark & Match
This two-part student-focused event series kicks off with Spark, a full-day conference featuring panel discussions, keynote speakers, a resume workshop, portfolio review and tabling to give students the opportunity to learn more about some of the top agencies in town.
Spark is followed by Match, a speed-dating-style intern interview process that allows each participating student the chance to give their elevator pitch to many area company representatives — and hopefully score an internship out of the deal. There’s also a networking happy hour portion of the event to provide students with more opportunities to get a headstart in their careers.
Since 1999, Ad Wars has pitted agency against agency in an epic battle of advertising geekiness with questions like, “What cereal brand boosted its sales by changing its usual square-shaped cereal into a diamond shape?” If this is the event for you, form a team and take on fellow AAF members to find out who has the greatest mAd knowledge. Bragging rights are your reward. Drinking beer from the trophy is your choice. Oh, and to save you from having to Google it, the answer is Shreddies®.