The Hunt is On for the Next Great AAF-KC Director!
May 22, 2012
Posted by John Kreicbergs
While we're incredibly excited for the fantastic news from Sarah Dyerson, our intrepid and incredible director at AAF-KC these past two years, we would be lying if we didn't say that we're going to miss her quite a bit. But if there's one constant in our industry, it's change.
So with that, our search for a new director for AAF-KC has officially begun! What's it going to take to win such a sweet gig? Take a look at the official job description below. We would ask that you spread the word far and wide to every qualified candidate you can think of. (And maybe that's you!)
So, please tweet, Facebook, pin, email or spread those smoke signals far and wide. Much love and respect to Sarah...we're going to miss her. And you can tell her the same thing at Bulletproof on June 7th, her last official function with AAF-KC before she starts her new gig at the KC Chamber.
AAF-KC – Club Director
- Location: Kansas City, MO
- Position Type: Full time, salaried
- To Apply: Please email resume, cover letter, salary requirements and references to Kevin Fullerton, AAF-KC president, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We will reply to your e-mail.
- Job Description, Requirements for Consideration, etc.: The Club Director, as an employee of the American Advertising Federation-Kansas City Board of Directors, is responsible for leading club development efforts as well as the coordination of day-to-day membership participation and membership services. The Club Director has key responsibility for AAF-KC’s operating effectiveness and provides/coordinates all support services for board and committee functioning. Both internally and externally focused, the Club Director will serve as the primary day-to-day public interface on behalf of AAF-KC while providing constant advocacy for the industry of advertising in Kansas City.
- Must be very well organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including proofreading.
- Ability to think on your feet and handle challenging situations in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work well alone or in groups.
- Flexibility and capability to move quickly between priorities.
- Must be able to work for extended periods of time leading up to and during club events.
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods, interact with clients in person and on the phone.
- Ability to lift or move equipment/materials weighing up to 50 pounds, with or without accommodation.
- Contract negotiation and sponsorship acquisition experience.
- Experience in non-profit and advertising/marketing fields.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Budgeting experience.
- Program/activity reservations and registration.
- Reconcile receipts and make bank deposits weekly.
- Communicate information effectively to accountant for billing.
- Maintain office/registration supplies, maintain professional office environment.
- Recruit, hire and train interns to assist with running the office.
- Compile monthly board packets and attend monthly executive board, regular board meetings and all other appropriate meetings.
- Take meetings notes at monthly AAF-KC board meetings.
- Assist the AAF-KC president, Executive Board and Board of Directors as well as the ad2 and Art+Copy Club councils, as needed.
- Answer phone calls/emails, inquiries about AAF-KC/ad/Art+Copy Club, membership, programs and events in a timely and professional manner.
- Forward information to appropriate committees, members, or board members.
- Assist with management and maintenance of AAF-KC website, as needed.
- Assist the AAF-KC Board, ad2 Council and Art+Copy Club Council in seeing that committees are chaired and budgets are set for individual events/projects.
- Communicate directly with committee/event chairs to ensure timelines, revenue and expenditure budgets are realistic, and there are adequate committee volunteers to execute.
- Attend committee meetings of major fund-generating programs.
- Effectively track and manage costs in concert with external accountant.
- Provide guidance as necessary to committee and event chairs in budgeting, including contract negotiations and vendor relations.
- Create cost savings opportunities (trade-out relationships, cut-backs, etc.).
- Enhance revenue-building by assisting with soliciting sponsorship funding (both monetary and in-kind).
- Attend external events (including national AAF and 9th District AAF programs), as necessary, for club management and public relations efforts as AAF-KC representative.
- Provide leadership with outreach to constituent organizations to create new partnerships and opportunities for increased membership.
- Foster cohesiveness among special interest groups, especially related to programming and special projects.
- For more information: Please contact Kevin Fullerton, AAF-KC president, at email@example.com.
- Posted: 05.22.12