The creatives are hungry.
The Art+Copy Club of Kansas City is a part of AAF-KC. Its members are AAF-KC members that are part of the creative community: copywriters, art directors, photographers, printers and others in the creative realm of advertising on both the agency and client sides.
The club is here to provide the brain food its members need to keep their creative flames burning. It does this through a variety of educational events, including an annual speaker series, Clio Reel showing and other inspiring tidbits. A+C is always looking for volunteers. If you’re a creative and you’re interested let us know.
2012/2013 Art+Copy Club Council
- Lori Akers, ADDYs [Netchemia // Senior Art Director]
- Austin Bickford, Special Events [BicMedia // Partner/Executive Producer]
- Aaron Cathey, Immediate Past President [Barkley // Copywriter]
- Amy Dorsett, Programs [Two West // Copywriter]
- Luis Garcia, Vice President [Spyn Design Studio // Owner]
- Jeremy Johnson, ADDYs [GlynnDevins // Group Creative Director/Digital]
- Rusty Kugler, Education [Mid-Continent Public Library // Graphic Designer]
- Krista Masilionis, Special Events [Hallmark // Creative Director]
- Parc Masterson, Communications [SHS // Senior Art Director]
- Rob Mitchell, Communications [Diamond Merckens Hogan // Creative]
- Katie Pierce, Special Events [VML // Experience Architect]
- Dustin Schirer, Membership [Barkley // Presentation Director]
- Adam Seitz, President [DEG // Director of Creative]
- JJ Wilferth, Programs [Trozzolo Communications Group // VP/Creative Director]
Clio Reel Party: Inspiration comes in many forms. And in advertising, it often comes in the form a funny or poignant commercial. The Clios are one of the most prestigious award shows for advertising professionals. And every year we bring the reel of highlights, enjoy some eats and get cozy to watch some of the greatest spots of the year.
Speaker Series: One of the greatest ways to learn: straight from the horse’s mouth. Two to three times a year a well-known advertising and design professional will grace us with their presence and their knowledge. Come in thirsty, leave with your brain quenched.
Gallery Night: Advertising professionals rarely have the chance for their creative visions to survive unscathed. Art+Copy Club’s Gallery Night changes that. Once a year the advertising community brings their best forms of artistic self-expression out of their basement and into the gallery for their peers to see. Your muse can be set free… and the prospect of cash prizes makes it even sweeter.
The Cheeky Award: The Art+Copy Club Cheeky Award is an event that everyone looks forward to. One night every two years, we toast (and roast) an esteemed creative member of the advertising community voted by his or her peers. Laughs, liquor, and loving sentiments will flow like the Missouri River on this special evening.