Your future bosses.
Ad 2 is a club within AAF-KC for members aged 32 and under. Designed for members just starting their career, Ad 2 caters to the group by providing events that help broaden networks.
If you’re just starting out in the ad biz Ad 2 is an excellent group to get involved with. They’re an ambitious bunch filled with the future leaders of our community. Join them and have a good time.
2012/2013 Ad 2 Council
- Carrie Agne, Virtual Agency [Payless ShoeSource // Graphic Designer]
- Jenny Bickford, Ad Wars [Bicmedia // Sales & Marketing Director]
- Chelsea Rohde, President [Barkley // Media Planner]
- Marianne Gjerstad, Communications [VML // Associate Channel Manager]
- Adrienne Hill, Art of the Call [Barkley // Senior Project Manager]
- Lisa Howell, Sponsorship [Morgan Hunter // Senior Recruiter]
- Kirk Lakebrink, Virtual Agency [Grey Healthcare // Production Artist]
- Megan Lubis, Career Day [Department Zero // Account Supervisor
- Patrick Padley, Speaker Program [DEG // Social Media Strategist]
- Stephanie Parker, Vice President [Barkley // Account Supervisor]
- Misty Stockdale, Immediate Past President [Blacktop // Brand Navigator]
Ad 2 Events
Virtual Agency: Not really an event, but definitely core to what Ad 2 are all about. Every year a philanthropic organization with a need for advertising is chosen and Ad 2 members form to create a mini agency. This agency is filled with volunteers of all disciplines — media, creative, account service — and those volunteers donate their time and talents for a year to that organization. It’s the ultimate experience builder. It’s also a great excuse to do some good.
Art of the Call: Created to help raise money for the philanthropic organization Virtual Agency. From blackjack to craps to bingo, Ad 2 has been doing this event for a while and they know how your typical night of gambling/bingo is a good time. There’s also a silent auction on the side that usually has some pretty interesting stuff worth putting your money on.
Ad Wars: What cereal brand boosted their sales by changing their usual square shape cereal into a diamond shape? If you care, then you’re probably an ad geek and Ad Wars is for you. Form a team and take on fellow AAF members to find out who has the greatest ad knowledge. Bragging rights are your reward. Oh, and to save you from having to Google it, the answer is Shreddies®.