We are one club. We swear.
Here’s the quick and easy explanation. AAF-KC is an advertising club in Kansas City, and a member of District 9 of the American Advertising Federation. We’re not the type to brag but it’s safe to say we’re one of the largest AAF clubs in the country. So, we’re a pretty big deal.
Here’s where the story gets a bit tricky.
AAF-KC is one club that houses two more organizations. Ad 2 is an age 32 and under group for ad professionals, and Art+Copy Club is a group designed for creatives, copywriters, designers and the like. Each group is a part of AAF-KC but serve the membership in more specific ways.
For example, Art+Copy Club provides more creatively inclined events, and Ad 2 provides more networking events. Not to say that any of the groups are exclusionary, if you’re an AAF-KC member you’re welcome to come to any soiree or speaking event, after all you’re an AAF-KC member. But the separate clubs were designed to meet members specific needs. Told you it got tricky.
This explanation may be much ado about nothing but at least it gives you a peek into how we’re all one big AAF-KC bent on networking, furthering our ad education as well as our quality of career for our membership.
2012/2013 AAF-KC Board
- Hilda Awad-Brown, Sponsorships [The Buckle // Director of Creative Services]
- Phil Bressler, Corporate Membership [Muller Bressler + Brown // Owner/Partner]
- Kevin Fullerton, Immediate Past President* [Springboard Creative // Principal/Creative Director]
- David Cacioppo, Professional Development [emfluence // President & CEO]
- Tiffany Coffey, VP - Communications* [NKC Hospital // Internal Communications Specialist]
- James Billinger, Career Day [VML // Account Supervisor]
- Chelsea Rohde, Ad 2 President* [Barkley // Media Planner]
- Sheree Johnson, Email Communications [Meers // Director of Business Intelligence]
- John Kreicbergs, President* [Propaganda3 // General Manager - P3 Apps]
- Sam Meers, VP - Finance* [Meers // President]
- Stefan Mumaw, Web/Digital Content [Callahan Creek // Creative Director]
- Kyle Rohde, ADDYs [ER Marketing // Account Supervisor]
- Julie Parker, VP - Programs* [Meers // Account Supervisor]
- Pamela Sandler, Social Media [Bernstein-Rein // Vice President/Digital Experience Director]
- Adam Seitz, Art+Copy Club President* [DEG // Director of Creative]
- Sara Soseman, VP - Membership* [Department Zero // President]
- Jennifer Spencer, Programs [The Spencer Group // Recruiter-Advertising/Marketing]
* denotes AAF-KC Executive Board Members